Sunday, March 6, 2011

Week 7 Reading and Class Reflection

This is definitely going to be my shortest blog post of the semester, because I don't really have anything to say right now. I'm in the group that's doing the 3/14 presentations, and I'd like to have those readings fresh in my mind for next week, so I'll be reading them next weekend. Could I read them now to blog about them, and then again next week to prepare for the discussion? Probably. But that doesn't seem very efficient, considering that I sometimes struggle to make it through the week's reading ONE time, never mind twice. So... I hope this doesn't sound lazy, but since my spring "break" consisted of approximately 40 hours of law library duties in D.C., punctuated by sleepless nights set to a soundtrack of world's most incompetent street musician trying to play the Sesame Street theme song on his saxophone, I'm just not in a place right now where I have time or energy to spare. That being said, even if spring break wasn't really restful or rejuvenating, it was an amazing learning experience, and I'm really glad I went. I'm just not going back to school with a whole new lease on life or anything.

And speaking of learning experiences, I also don't have anything to say about the one from last week's class, because there was so much unplowed snow that I couldn't get out of my driveway. You've got to love Michigan winters. D.C. absolutely had that going for it-- I got to wear flip flops! Outside!

So, I apologize if you were looking for some carefully considered ruminations on the book club readings or the guest speaker from last week; I promise a blog entry chock-full of reading reflections next week (although, again, none on this week's class since I won't be there tomorrow due to other academic obligations.)

1 comment:

  1. Your blog for this week makes up for your short blog last week! The guy out trying to play in D.C. was annoying. I'm getting old and need as much as sleep as I can get! :-)

    ReplyDelete